Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I have been meaning to post something for a while, but working on my blog just seems to keep getting pushed further and further back to the back burner. But I found some time now and just did it. To recap...we had a great Thanksgiving here in Florida. We stayed here for Christmas as well. We had a few friends over for dinner and Christmas Bingo on Christmas Eve. It was so much fun. Then we went up to Atlanta for New Years. On New Year's Eve, my Uncle Scott was a DJ at a dance they had for their stake. They wanted all the families to celebrate together. So there was music from the 50s through the 2000s. It was fun to hear all the mix. Our kids had a blast dancing and running around. They had some refreshments and we thought KayLeigh would never stop eating the grapes. She loves them!! Zack discovered he likes the little cheesecake bites they had there. Ben thought he was TOO cool for any of that. We did ask Ben to dance with KayLeigh and he said No, he didn't want to. So we told them that he HAD to, or he would sit right by Adam and I. He then asked, "For how long?" Meaning he would much rather have the punishment. It made us laugh so hard. KayLeigh kept dragging Adam to the dance floor and DEMANDING that he dance with her. It was so cute. I didn't mind sharing. We are now preparing ourselves for Adam's deployment. He leaves on Wednesday for Iraq. He will be there 4 months. I am fine with it, because it is NOT 6 months. Meaning 4 months gone now trumps 6 months being gone later. But the extra money we get from him being gone will be nice no matter what. I am looking at 2010 one bit at a time. This first few months will be hard, but by the time Adam gets back it will be close to summer and the end of the school year. Time keeps running on.













4 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Your family picture is so cute! I can't believe Adam leaves this week. Let me know if you need anything :)

Emily and Stephen said...

I wish I could have seen you guys in Atlanta! We will kepp you guys inour prayers while Adam is gone, for his safty and your sanity! Love you!

Katrina said...

That looks so fun. I like the Coke factory! Call me anytime if you need to talk!!

Sorensen's said...

Cute Family pic. I didn't know Adam is leaving. I'm with the other Emily and I'll keep you in my prayers for his safety and your sanity! Great update! Love ya Tennille!